Book Title: Purple Turtle Graded Readers Level 3 (12 Titles)
Category: Children’s Fiction,
Publisher: Aadarsh Pvt. Ltd.
Release date: April 1, 2017
Tour dates: Oct 30 to Nov 24, 2017
Content Rating: G (informative content intended for and available to children & their parents/educators to enhance and support learning. Suitable for: Family audiences with younger children.)
Boxed Book Set Description:
A1 Edutainment is all set to take you on an adventurous journey to the amazing world of Purple Turtle and his friends. Purple Turtle Graded Readers by A1 Edutainment is a new reading program especially for emerging readers. The third level includes a set of 12 books with engaging stories and fun-filled activities. It is based on the Lexile and ATOS reading level system and has a word count of 250-350. This level is for learners who have started reading with confidence.
I chose to read this set of books after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.
These books are great for beginning readers! Not only do they introduce new words into a new reader’s vocabulary, but they have cute stories and colorful pictures. At the beginning of each book, there are 3 achievement levels to be checked off: Read Along, Read Aloud, and Read Alone.
There are activities at the end of each book that are fun but also help with different skills. For example, in “Melody Magic Show” there are shapes to learn and at the end there is an activity to match the shapes to their names and another one the match them to items that represent the shapes (such as a star to a starfish).
Each book also teaches something that is important for children to learn:
- “Biggie Feels Bad” teaches about eating healthy
- “If I Were a Circus Star” teaches how to use your imagination
- “Many Kinds of Homes” is about all the different kinds of homes we live in
- “Melody Magic Show” teaches shapes
- “Roxy and Zing go Sailing” teaches opposites
- “Purple and the Rainbow” explains why we see rainbows and teaches the colors in the rainbow
- “Purple Grows a Garden” teaches about gardens
- “Purple Learns about Birds” teaches about birds, especially ostriches
- “The Rhyme Game” teaches rhyming
- “So Many Jobs” is about the different jobs that children can get when they grow up
- “The Big Birthday Calendar” teaches the months
- “Treasure Hunt” teaches about maps
This is a great set to teach children not only reading but other important and useful information.
Purple Turtle is India’s 1st International brand with its educational content in several languages sold in more than 30 countries including Russia, China, US and UK. The character of Purple Turtle has delighted children across the globe through beautifully created Purple Turtle books, rhymes and videos available on YouTube.
Purple Turtle was created with the idea to spread education through a wide range of innovative books for children. To give them the experience of convenient online learning, Purple Turtle also brings both learning and entertainment on a common platform to give a wholesome learning experience to young minds.
The Amazon purchase link in this post is an affiliate link. Purchasing through it helps sustain Bound 4 Escape.