The authors of Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins, and many other books written for children were actually written by ghost writers for Edward Stratemeyer and his daughters. Read the article here.
When I first found this out, I had to check on my favorite sleuth when I was young, Trixie Belden. I was relieved to find out that at least the 6 books were actually written by Julie Campbell but the remainder of the series was also written by ghost writers under the pseudonym Kathryn Kenny.
I was nominated by Elisa TWS and I’d like to say thank you so much! I hope you understand that I’m unable at this time to follow the rules to accept the award because of time constraints but I do appreciate the nomination!
Thank you to Dont4get2smile2day for the nomination. I appreciate it and hope that my blog makes you smile. When I started this, I didn’t realize how much time I would spend on it but I also didn’t realize how much I would enjoy it!
This competition by Design Observer continues a tradition that dates back to 1922, when American Institute of Graphic Arts, then only six years old, mounted the first “Fifty Books of the Year” exhibition. According to Design Observer, the books this year demonstrate astonishing attention to craft, as well as startling ambitions to disrupt expectations about what constitutes a “traditional” book in the first place.
I received this award today from Summer at Grow Your Inner Self. Thank you so much!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Elizabeth Rose Mysteries of Life. Thank you so much for the nomination.
I am thrilled to have been nominated for The Bouquet of Three Award by Follow Your Heart and Life Will Follow. I have only been blogging for 2 months and to have been nominated for 2 awards in that time makes me feel honored.
The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Display your award picture, on a blog post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you, link them back in your post.
Thank you again to Follow Your Heart and Life Will Follow!
3. Pass the nomination on to 15 Bloggers you have recently discovered.
Words of Birds
Coco J. Ginger Says
The Bookshelf of Emily J.
Blogging for a Good Book
Book of Words
The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh”
A Little Blog of Books and Other Stuff
The World’s Top 10 of Anything and Everything
Strung Out on Books
Bits & Pieces
4. Contact the Bloggers, to tell them that you have nominated them – as soon as this is published!
5. Finally, share 7 things about yourself
- I have 3 boys in their twenties (yes, they were a challenge when they were teens)
- I own a bookstore/furniture store and I LOVE what I do
- I was a registered nurse for several years
- I drove a semi for a short period (before I became a nurse)
- I am going to New York City for the first time at the end of the month
- I am, and will always be, a Cubs fan
- I still watch General Hospital
Thank you Busy Mind Thinking for the nomination.
THE RULES ARE:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Seven things about me:
- I love my boys even when they drive me crazy
- I love to swim in my pool in the summertime
- I have started traveling more and I love it!
- I prefer jeans over skirts
- I will not eat green peppers
- I like old movies
- I own a kindle (which is terrible since I own a bookstore)
Strung Out on Books
Pastimes of Mine
A is For
Seven Legged Express Journey
Its a Teenage Library Thing
Book Hub, Inc.
The Better Man Project
ANNpredictable Thoughts. ANNdeniably Crazy
Bits of Wisdom