Take a walk on the wild side with this amazing animal book filled with vibrant photos and fabulously funny facts for any age.
See animals of all kinds in action and investigate their habits and habitats in the readable, browse-able, picture-packed book. You’ll learn hopping fun rabbit facts, nutty facts to make you appreciate squirrels and chipmunks, peculiar facts about hedgehogs, furry facts about nature’s bandit, the raccoon, prickly facts about porcupines and so much more…
Clear, vibrant photographs bring it all to life in the pages of this delightful fun-filled reference book for adults and kids.
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy from the author. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.
I love this book! It would be a great gift for any animal lover. It is full of beautiful photos of mostly small animals. Along with the photos are interesting facts and a few puns at the end of most sections.
Some of the facts that stood out to me:
- Squirrels aren’t found in Antarctica, of course, but there aren’t any in Australia either.
- The gastric brooding frog swallows her eggs and the tadpoles remain in her stomach for up to 8 weeks, then hop out of her mouth! The male Darwin frog swallows the eggs and stores the tadpoles in his vocal sac until they hop out.
- Rabbits are active at dawn and dusk.
- The female chicken starts life carrying thousands of undeveloped yolks.
- The peahen has special sensors in her crest that are tuned in to her peacock and when he fans his tail, he shakes it 26 times a second creating a pressure wave that literally rattles the female’s head.
- Raccoons run up to 51 miles/hour, can fall from 130 feet without injury, are fast swimmers, and are smarter than cats!
Hairlarious Critter Tails is one of those books you can go back to time and time again.
About the Author
Sharon Kleve was born and raised in Washington and currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula with her husband and two cats. When not writing, and working full-time, she can usually be found either curled up in her recliner with her cats and a good book or in the kitchen making baking sourdough bread or bagels.
Sharon is a multi-published author of contemporary romance published in eBook, paperback, on audio and translated into foreign languages. She has written New Adult and Romantic Suspense, but what brings her the most joy is writing Romantic Comedies.
She loves giving her characters the happily ever after they deserve–with a few laughs and maybe a few bumps and bruises along the way.
Her latest adventure is writing about her favorite furry friends.
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Sharon-Kleve/e/B006JAH14S