I received a free e-copy of Funny Kids Book by Sheryl Green which contains three separate books that she’s written. The first one I read is Interesting Facts for Kids, which is the one I’m reviewing today:
Picked with unusual and fun knowledge for the whole family. Did you know?
- Certain fish can cough.
- Whale poo is an ingredient in some perfumes.
- Scotland has the highest number of redheads.
- There are more pyramids found in Peru than in Egypt.
- It is not possible for a human to lick their own elbow.
- The town with the most difficult name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll llantysiliogogogoch, and it is located in Wales.
- Many tornadoes may be quicker than race cars in Formula One!
- Eight percent of the population has an extra rib.
- Anatidaephobia is the fear of being watched by a duck.
- Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backward.
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy from the author. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.
There are a LOT of facts listed in this book. As I read through them, I thought that it would be best for children to read these a few at a time rather than the whole book at once. Or it could be read over and over because there’s no way anyone could remember all of the facts after reading this book once or twice.
The facts are listed in categories, so it’s easy to go to a section you’re more interested in:
I did come across a couple of things that were listed as facts that are incorrect, and I’ll be sharing those with the author so she can hopefully fix them. There are a lot of things that I didn’t know, and adults will enjoy the information as much as kids!
About the Author
A mother of 4 beautiful children and content editor by trade, Sheryl Green set out to write children’s books that her own kids would love and enjoy.